Do you have room for dessert? In most instances we’ve found that if the dessert is cheesecake- you make room! We’ve created a yummy, vegan spin on the sweet treat we all know and love!
Desserts for Vegans
At Porter we believe that everyone, regardless of dietary requirements, personal choice (vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan etc) and allergies should have plenty of tasty options for meals and treats to enjoy. This dessert is suitable for vegans and those who have nut allergies.
Are Chestnuts an Allergen?
Chestnuts are not one of the 14 listed allergens in the UK. They are a fruit, not a nut and therefore do not fall under the same allergen category as tree nuts (ie peanuts, hazelnuts etc). This information has changed the way we think about chestnuts and has opened up a broader wealth of options for those with tree nut allergies.
Disclaimer: we would like to note that even though they aren’t a tree nut, you can still be allergic to chestnuts.
This is super yummy dessert, and we’re so pleased that it is made to be accessible to more people.
Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
- 100ml coconut cream
- 400g chestnut puree
- Dark chocolate
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 150g vegan digestive biscuits
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Marron Glace
LETS GET COOKING!
- In a food processor, blend the biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs. Mix this with the melted coconut oil.
- In a false bottomed baking dish (approx. 8-10 inches) lined with baking paper on the bottom, carefully press the biscuit mix onto the bottom. Use something flat to push this to the edges. Place this in the fridge for an hour or so.
- When the hour is nearly up, mix the coconut cream, chestnut puree, maple syrup and vanilla with a whisk until it’s combined. If you would like this sweeter, add some icing sugar bit by bit until you have it to your taste.
- Carefully pour the mix onto the base and leave to set in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
- When it’s ready, carefully remove the baking dish and sprinkle over some grated dark chocolate and Marron Glace.
Get in touch with the team
Email us: email@example.com
Give us a call: 01386 761555