Allergens and dietary requirements are hot topics of conversation in the food industry, with brands amending their existing and future recipes to suit a wider audience. Understanding ingredients and their uses are the first steps to achieving this.
SECRET INGREDIENTS TO A VEGAN CHEESECAKE
Coconuts and chestnuts are the secret ingredients that we use during our NPD sessions to help create delicious vegan-friendly recipes. They have so many uses from creating texture and bite to adding creaminess and a sense of indulgence.
This recipe for a hazelnut vegan cheesecake uses both coconut cream and chestnut puree to create a creamy cheesecake-like centre, rather than the standard cream cheese usually found in this well-loved dessert.
Try it for yourself this weekend and enjoy the indulgence of this delicious cheesecake, without the dairy!
Please note: if you are looking for a nut-free vegan cheesecake, don’t sprinkle the hazelnuts across the top.
INGREDIENTS FOR A HAZELNUT VEGAN CHEESECAKE
- 100ml coconut cream
- 400g chestnut puree
- Dark chocolate
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 150g vegan digestive biscuits
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Chopped hazelnuts
LET’S GET COOKING
HAZELNUT VEGAN CHEESECAKE STEP BY STEP
- Blend the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix biscuit crumbs with melted coconut oil
- Line a false bottom baking dish, with baking paper (8-10 inches)
- Press biscuit crumb onto the bottom using something flat to spread to the edges
- Cool in fridge for an hour
- In a separate bowl (once an hour is up) mix the coconut cream, chestnut puree, maple syrup and vanilla. Add icing sugar until you have reached the desired sweetness.
- Pour the mix onto the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for 4 – 5 hours
- Once ready, carefully remove the baking dish and sprinkle over grated dark chocolate, chopped hazelnuts and orange zest
Our new range of chestnuts our out now including our whole-cooked chestnuts and chestnut puree. Talk to the team about opportunities for wholesale and retail at 01386 761 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer our chestnuts in bulk for manufacturing via our sister company Brusco Food Group.